Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cup of "Encouragement"


Had some friends lend some much needed encouragement my way... Thanks girls : )

It hit just the spot.
And I was reminded...
"...do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own" Matthew 6:34
...to thank God for TODAY'S blessings!
He gives me just enough.... a "cup" full ... Just the right amount. Too much more might find me more overwhelmed & confused (drowning, so to speak - He surely knows I'm not good a swimmer:))
He gives me one puzzle piece at a time ... so I can figure just where it fits before He gives me another.
But this one piece/step at a time is NOT easy for me...I'm a planner, I like to know whats coming, what our next move should be...And I like to think it's the special way God "fashioned" me.
So I'm working on TRUST... trusting in God's "perfect" timing!
Because, He is in control and His plans are far greater than any kind of plan I'd come up with anyway, right?
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
So right now I'm thanking God for today...for our home, sheltering us from the cold...for the children He has given me to love - children here in my arms and children in my heart.
And I thank God for friends & loved ones who very wisely point to Him for my strength and will also share in my frustrations & inadequacies with me....Thank You, thank you, thank you!
Looking forward to what He has in store.
"One step at a time"


No comments: