Thursday, July 7, 2011

Portion Control

For the past 2 weeks, I've had a goal to eat less at my meals. If you've ever seen me eat, then you know I can eat a lot. So before this "diet" I was eating until literally my stomach almost hurt. I know it was completely not healthy, and I was convincing myself that I was over-weight. I know that I wasn't but that thought was stuck in my head. Whenever I would mention it to my friends, or sister or anyone they would look at me like I was crazy. Trust me, I know that I'm not but I decided to go on a "diet". Now, I didn't have rules on this diet for ex: what to eat, or what not to eat. I decided that at my meals I would have one helping, and if I was still hungry I would have a drink or something small. (trust me it really works instead of completely over-stuffing yourself) Yes, there were times where I had no choice but to eat something not healthy. (During this time I went to a carshow with my dad and all they were selling was fair food of course.) I also wanted to keep track of my weight, and I didn't really have a goal of how many pounds I wanted to lose but I know I wanted to lose a few. So every other day I would weigh myself, and surely enough my "diet" was working! I haven't gotten into any workout/exercise routine, but I think that will be my next goal. So, after 2 weeks of this "diet" I have lost a total of 8 lbs! I'm much happier with my weight, even though you might be thinking... that's it? :-) I'll let you know if I decide to do any more "diets" or exercise plans.

Wishing you all a healthy and productive day!
~Michlyn

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Way to go!! You are making wise choices about eating healthy and weight control. Great job!!

Blessings!
Deborah

Michlyn said...

Thank you! I decided I just needed to stop eating so much, and I feel so much better!

~Michlyn

P.S. My mom was hoping that no one would think that I had an eating disorder or something. I'm glad that they didn't. :)