Saturday, July 23, 2011

HOME - One year ago

One year ago at 3:32 p.m. my parents, and new little sister were walking towards us in an airport. I remember saying "I see them!" I started walking towards them, holding back the tears, and I had the most amazing feeling inside. I smiled so big, and remember thinking "this is it." I finally get to meet her! My dad had the video camera, and yes I wish I could of posted that video and some day if I can figure it out, I will. My mom's parents were there, and our dear friends who watched us for 9 days!There were hugs, kisses, tears, and lots of introducing. Below are a few pictures of our adventures... a YEAR ago!


They met 3 other families in Ethiopia, who were also there to bring home their little ones. We actually got to meet them in Chicago last December! Also thinking of them, as their "Gotcha Days" are the same as ours! Birtukan was their host in the guesthouse that my parents and 'T' stayed in, and she was so kind to them! Silly 'T' checking things out, and staying busy on plane. Yes, there was a few moments of sadness, and frustration. Meeting her namesake Josi! We love her so much!
Finally! Our forever family, July 23rd, 2010! I can't believe it... it seems just like a couple of days ago, I had met her for the first time, and gave her a hug for the first time. If you would like to see a few more pictures of our homecoming then just go to last years post right here!
Wishing you all a wonderful day!


Blessings, ~Michlyn

2 comments:

The dB family said...

I LOVE that wrinkled nose grin on the swing! So cute!

Blessings!
Deborah

Michlyn said...

OH yes! That's one of her little "signatures". The very first day she was home... We are blessed!

(She had that little wrinkled nose grin on the plane too - as you can see)

Blessings,
~Michlyn