Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nine Days

That's right. Only 9 more days of summer vacation! Wow! I can't believe that 3 months of a break from school is almost over. This year is going to be different though. I'll be heading back to a "building school", after 2 years of attending an online academy at home. I loved it! I've been on the waiting list for PACT for a very long time, and finally got in right in time for high school. I also think it's crazy I'll be starting high school. I just got my schedule a few days ago, and know a couple of my teachers. Also everyone else will be going to PACT, except for 'T'. She will be homeschooled this year, and I know she's going to do great. At first it wasn't our plan, but we know it will be a much better and healthier decision for her and our family. She'll be starting Kindergarten this year, and so will 'S'. (at PACT) 'J' will be attending 3rd grade! Whoa when did that happen?! Erin is starting 8th grade this year, and I'll be starting 9th grade. eeekkk

I think we're all pretty excited so far, except for the boys. 'J's classes were all on the lower floor of the school last year, so he's a bit uncertain of the transition, to be going to classrooms on the higher floor as well. 'S' attended 2 years of preschool, at the same school and is also nervous for the start of school at a new place.

As for Erin? She thinks it's a piece of cake! She's excited to see her friends more often, and start her classes. I've been asking her many questions about everything, so I can know what to expect. I'm not nervous yet. I think the nerves will hit after Open House, when we visit the school, and meet my teachers. Otherwise I'm very excited to start.

So as for these last nine days? I hope to make the best of them! Erin and I just got back from a SUPER fun 3 days with our grandparents and cousins. You can read about that here, as soon as I get to posting it. Now, we're off to look for backpacks.

Wishing you all a productive day!
Blessings,
~Michlyn

No comments: