Monday, August 15, 2011

What I'm going to miss...

What I'm going to miss at our old house...

1. The big open yard. 5 acres to run around on. Now we don't even have 1 acre.
2. The privacy. No neighbors looking through your windows.
3. The trees. We called it our "fence". It was almost a hedge that blocked the road from view.
4. The neighbors. We had amazing neighbors! Knew them forever, and now we're here where we don't know many people yet. Soon... We will soon.
5. The driveway. Nice and long, to ride our bikes up and down. Now it's a short one on a hill.
6. The tree I planted in the back. This tree was the one taller than the house. We could climb it, and had our tire swing on it. Now... we don't have one tree in our yard.
7. The deck. We didn't have a huge deck, but it was nice enough to hang our swimsuits out to dry, or to eat lunch at, on a nice summer day.
8. Our room... Yes it was small but it was my room, and I will always remember it.

The memories will forever be in my heart, but I will miss that place, no matter how small, or messy it was.
I'll miss it... I was a great 14 years! But now I have more memories to make, at a different place.
Blessings,
~Michlyn

No comments: